Speak to change the world!
Speak Day will turn you into a conference speaker! From choosing a topic and creating slides to writing a proposal and public speaking, you will walk through all the steps necessary to become a technical speaker. Feedback on your proposal, presentation, and speaking from experienced women technical speakers and conference organizers will put you well on your way to becoming a confident, powerful speaker.
Speak publicly about yourself and your knowledge.
Create a talk proposal and slides for a presentation.
Day 2 — Thursday, June 16, 2016
- What conference organizers look for when selecting speakers
- How to find the perfect speaking opportunities for you
- What makes some presentations more memorable than others
- Receive individualed tips & tricks from experienced women speakers
- Write a talk proposal & get feedback from women conference organizers
- Give feedback on proposals, slides, and speaking to peers
- Prepare slides for a technical talk
- Give a presentation individually and/or with a group
Solidify your expertise, Communicate effectively, Share knowledge
Each day will be tailored to the experience and expertise of each attendee and will include:
- Giving and receiving feedback from peers and experts
- Talks or panels from experienced women developers
- Group and individual workshops
- Creation of a usable prototype for the day's milestones
- A concrete, next-steps action plan